Remarkable Women Speak...
was born in an instant.. after having a riveting conversational interview with Stone Mason and Artist Thea Alvin, about her life's journey and art work, I came away so deeply inspired... she spoke to me of a relationship that she had with a profoundly intelligent woman friend. She said of this friend, that "she has no need to be the smartest person in the room"... this immediately brought my attention and awareness to the greater teachers of my life, women and men who wear their totality in their presence and by that token have no need to fight or compete with others to get their social and emotional needs met.
This insight then got my mind leaping to all the remarkable women who I derive great pleasure from just recalling... how they conduct themselves, how they humanize the human experience, how they take perfection and unattainable expectations out of the equation of their lives and the lives of their families. It is these women, I want to know more deeply. It is these women I feel compelled to honor and celebrate. This blog is dedicated to my search into my own identity as a woman soon to become a mother. I am creating this blog because this is what I want and need to know about and want more of this type of content available in the sea of offerings. I welcome your own stories, reflections, ruminations and suggestions of remarkable women to be interviewed for this blog.
Celebrating other people’s accomplishments,
recognizing other peoples strengths and gifts, really baring witness and
expressing joy for other peoples good fortune, are also profound reasons for me to
create this space where stories of the ordinary are recognized as
extraordinary. We all have skills, talents and gifts to offer to ourselves, our
communities and the greater whole of our world.
What are you offering to yourself, your family, your community and this precious world?
No comments:
Post a Comment